A Preliminary Services Contract was signed with Cornerstone Building Ltd on 11th February 2019 for the design and drawing of the Bathroom Block at Samadhi Vihara. This contract includes the following:
- Arranging architect to liaise with Selwyn District Council and prepare Resource consent application, to reflect change of use of property.
- Design and drawing of new bathroom block – will include 2 x male toilets & 2 x female toilets and 2 x accessible toilets with showering facilities.
- Building consent documentation and application
- Arranging Surveyor, Geotechnical Engineer, Civil/Structural engineer, Planning consultant as required
- Project Management will be by Cornerstone Building Ltd
- Meditation Kuti – COMPLETED
A total of three Meditation Kuti have now been constructed at Samadhi Vihara.
Construction of the third Kuti was completed in February and a “Kuti Sasana Puja” is planned for the 9th March 2019 at 9.00am, to offer the Kuti to the Vihara. The Puja is sponsored by the donors of the Kuti.
The 9th of March is a very special day for the Samadhi Vihara as we will also be celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of the Vihara relocating at 358 Maddisons Road on that day.
- Meditation Kuti – Space for Solitary Meditationditation Kuti – COMPLETED
Up to 20 Meditation Kuti (Huts) were planned for the Samadhi Buddhist Vihara and constructed over the last 5 years. Construction of the first Meditation Kuti at the Samadhi Buddhist Vihara commenced in early July 2018 These Kuti’s are available to devotees for solitary meditation practice in a quiet, natural setting.