|Event Start Date:|
November 8, 2019
|Event End Date:|
November 10, 2019
Samadhi Buddhist Vihara
Annual Kathina Ceremony
(Vas Pinkama) – November 2019
Offering of Katina Cheevara (robes) to the Maha Sangha will be the highlight of a day of religious activities to mark the end of the Vassana Season.
Friday 8th, November
- 7.00 PM – Buddha Vandhana & Gilampasa Pooja
- 7.30 PM – Offering Gilampasa for Venerable Maha Sangha
- 8.00 PM – Inviting Venerable Maha Sangha for Pirith chanting
- 8.15 PM – Starting of all night Pirith chanting
Sunday 10th, November
- 7.30 – 8.30 am – Gathering at the temple (Breakfast will be provided from 7.30 am to 8.30 am)
- 8.30 am – Lining up Kathina Perahara
- 9.00 am – Starting Kathina Perahara
- 9.40 am – Offering the Rob to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 11.00 am – Buddha Pooja
- 11.15 am – Offering meal to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 12.00 – Offering pirikara to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 12.30 pm – Dhamma Sermon (Anushasanawa)
- 1.00 pm – Lunch for the congregation
- 2.30 pm – Cleaning
- 7.00 pm – Dhamma Sermon on Kathina ( Kathinanisansa Dhamma Deshanawa)
The Kathina pooja is a very special ceremony in the Buddhist calendar that can only be held once a year by a temple. All are kindly invited to attend this worthy event to collect merits towards your Dhamma journey.
As a part of safety requirements, please kindly follow the attached parking plan.
May the Blessings of Noble Triple Gem be with you!