|Event Start Date:|
November 27, 2020
|Event End Date:|
November 29, 2020
Samadhi Buddhist Vihara
Annual Vas Ceremony (Katina)
Dear Devotees and Friends in Dhamma,
Kathina Ceremony & all night Pirith chanting will be held as the schedule below, at Samadhi Buddhist Vihara (358 Maddisons Road, Rolleston, Canterbury 7675, New Zealand).
Friday 27th, November
- 7.00 PM – Buddha Vandhana & Gilampasa Pooja
- 7.30 PM – Offering Gilampasa for Venerable Maha Sangha
- 8.00 PM – Perahera – Invite Venerable Maha Sangha for Pirith chanting
- 8.30 PM – Starting of Pirith chanting
Sunday 29th, November
- 7.30 – 8.30 am – Gathering at the temple (Breakfast will be provided from 7.30 am to 8.30 am)
- 8.30 am – Lining up Kathina Perahara
- 9.00 am – Starting Kathina Perahara
- 9.40 am – Offering the Rob to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 11.00 am – Buddha Pooja
- 11.15 am – Offering meal to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 12.00 – Offering pirikara to Venerable Maha Sangha
- 12.30 pm – Dhamma Sermon (Anushasanawa)
- 1.00 pm – Lunch for the congregation
- 2.30 pm – Cleaning
- 7.00 pm – Dhamma Sermon on Katina (Katina Anisansa Dhamma Deshanawa)
The Katina pooja is a very special ceremony in the Buddhist calendar that can only be held once a year by a temple. All are kindly invited to attend this worthy event to collect merits towards your Dhamma journey.
As a part of safety requirements, please kindly follow the attached parking plan.
May the Blessings of Noble Triple Gem be with you!